Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Minstrels of Pandharpur at HajiMalng

Well these are pictures I shot while climbing down the mountains barefeet from Haji Malang , I do things alone photography and reminiscing , I wish I had a female companion , as it gets lonely and I dont shoot landscapes or sunsets..I trudged along, shooting pictures and this too is an extension of street photography.. in a way..

The climb down does not tire me and the most important aspect of reaching home was Marziya I just spoke to her ..for those of you who have tuned in late Marziya my 2 year old grand daughter has gone Lucknow to celebrate Athvi which is today and Eid E Zehra tomorrow..

These minstrels come to the foothills of Malangad just before you reach base and I have known them since a very long time , thy are colorful people I respect their love devotion to their Deity..they call me Photowale Malang Baba ..some call me Mastan .

And I am not a Bawa at all, I dress in this peculiar style that has Sufi connotations , and I dont bring my expensive jewelry on my person , because I fear I will lose it, so I wear normal mundane stuff.. and two sets of clothes I bathe in chilled water sitting under the tap,a room given to me free by Abhijeet Ketkar I share it with Sakib my florist friend from Mahim.

And this lot at Flickr completes my Haji Malang trip 2010.

I have kept my Hijra pictures in abeyance and my Flickr Uploader has finally got rest all day today..

Due to a very urgent film based commitment I did not have time to shoot Athvi ..nor have I gone for the Jashn of Eid E Zehara at the Shia Mosque..

And I am really tired and depleted physically emotionally spiritually.
From tomorrow I will bring out my Saffron clothes out of the closet..Moharam is officially over.. for two month eight days I wore black or tiger prints..

And if God wills I will try to go and shoot the Shahi Snan at Hardwar Kumbh , my Naga Sadhu Guru Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj of Junagadh Akhada is stationed there waiting for me.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube