Monday, March 1, 2010

The Koli Parampara and Pride

the waters
of the oceans
in their souls
they wont hide
koli hospitality tradition
koli parampara and pride
their husbands
their fathers
brothers uncles
netting fishing
time and tide
facing natures fury
storm tsunami
cloud burst
from inside and outside
but lord ganesha
the remover of obstacles
by their side
on the crest of
a wave of peace
they ride
their mothers
guarding the
bombils bangdas
they have put
to dry
giving shradanjali
to their ancestors
who lived honestly
honestly died
their children
with the same
love affection
wisdom guide
the worli nakwa
searching for
a chimbai bride
the kolis of mumbai
the pride of our seaside
their boats of freedom
at our dockside
the kolis of mumbai
famous worldwide
from the depth
of my humble soul
I have through
a picture
poetically
described
I have written
this with tears
in my eyes

dedicated to the Kolis of Worli Koliwada for their love affection shown to me and my French photographer friend Jean Marc Grargantiel..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube