Monday, March 1, 2010

Holi At Worli Koliwada 2010

120,591 items / 790,084 views


I was invited to celebrate the burning of Holika at Worli Koliwada by Manjula Koli who sells fish at Bandra Bazar Fish market and is my adopted Koli sister very close to my 2 year grand daughter Marziya Shakir whom she dotes on.

I had met Manjula this morning at the Bandra Bazar Market and had told her that I would bring my photographer friend Jean Marc or Drunken Gekko or El Gekko along with me , that pleased her very much, Koli hospitality is part of the Koli tradition of Love Peace Hope Harmony.

So I took a train reached Churchgate picked up Monsieur Jean Marc and headed to Worli Koliwada by cab , I had never shot this event at Worli, though I had shot it a few years back at Mahim and Versova fishing village.

We had a glorious time the Kolis of Worli Koliwada loved Jean Marc and each one kept inquiring if he wanted anything to eat or drink..Manjula her husaband Pandurang are well known in the area and this do was at Pandurangs dads house, his kids their friends and relatives treated us like family..and I have shot a 1.89 GB card..that I shall upload and post at Flickr.

In fact this is an Introduction to my new set at Flickr Holi at Worli Koliwada 2010.

The Worli kolis dropped us at the taxu stand I left for Bandra and Jean Marc took his cab to his hotel.

Jean Marc loved the Palan Poli and the boiled channa prasad.

Manjula wants him to attend her daughters wedding too..this is Koli love for a guest of our beautiful city and Jean Marcs first trip to Mumbai.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube