Monday, March 1, 2010

East and West Do Meet in Photography

Jean Marc Gargantiel aka Dtunken Gekko or El Gekko and me at Worli Koliwada shooting the burning of the Holi feast celebrated by the Koli samaj or Mumbais fishing community in spiritual gusto and camaraderie.

Lots of dance good time fun and frolic.

A white man and a light dark man happy shooting it, yes east and west do meet on the heart and soul of photography.

According to me photographers are the Apostles of God his chosen children, God has created a world we recreate it and make it visible we show you what existed but you never saw, we play with light and shade, we paint Gods world , we present it to you on the parched humility of your restless soul.

Yes photography is not just a fine art science or technique photography is the ultimate tribute to God by man his finest creation.

And it is 6.30 am Mumbai time I have barely slept three hours to share all this with you, I blog I dont keep anything back, and blogging heals my soul the soul of the barefeet blogger of Mumbai an incorrigible romantic at heart.

And all this is part of my Hope and Hindutva series , this is pure pucca street photography, streets that underline Hope and Harmony too.

This is not a single flower churned out by Media , this is a bouquet fresh dripping with morning dew from the backyard of a photo blogger , and here I must remind those who dont know me I am a Muslim but does it really matter ..I shoot Hinduism as my cultural heritage the Inheritance of God to man.

If peace saffronizes and synchronizes my Soul than yes I am proud to be called the Shia Pandit of Mumbai.

Thank you Jean Marc for visiting my lovely city and shooting its rebirth on Holi Day.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube