Monday, March 1, 2010

The Holi Series Worli Koliwada Comes To An End

121,063 items / 790,985 views

Pandurang Kalikhan dropped us at the taxi stand , Jean Marc left for his hotel I returned home at midnight I posted pictures till 3 am , hit the sack woke up at 6 am again began uploading the pictures at my Flickr photostream, all part of my Hope and Hindutva Collection.

And Jesus and Mother Mary always keeps an eye on me wherever I go as you can see by the backdrop of this picture.

This series of 476 pictures was the most beautiful memories I captured of a peaceful community , this is my humble tribute to the Koli community of Mumbai.

And I am grateful that I shot this along with the worlds most artistic prolific photographer mater at creativity Monsieur Jean Paul Gargantiel of Reunion and France.

That he visits my city for the first time is an honor and a sense of joy and happiness too.

I met Jean Paul on Buzznet and we have been friends on the internet for last 6 years , he taught me much , without his comments his guidance his encouragement both at Buzznet and at Flickr I would have been incomplete as a photo blogger

It ws an experience watching him shoot low profile polite and becoming a part of the surroundings he shot the hallmark of a great photographer..

I was a Xmas tree on a Holi Day...my clothes saffron are part of my spiritual quest and ethos after Moharam .. when I wore black for 3 months.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube