Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Kareena Hijra Is My Name

breaking hearts
my notoriety to fame
they who use me
abuse me
I shame
roaring
libidinous lions
with my whip
I tame
yes I am heartless
avenging my gender
a street fighter
I became
a power
of passion
they cant shame
or blame
kareena karmic
vengeance
my name
I live for
the moment
the moment
lives for me
a hijra
without surname
a fire that
your crotchety
crotch
will inflame
an erupting
volcano
they proclaim
a hijra
who loves
to play games
accursed man
his accursed
manhood defame
I shoot to kill
when I aim
man his
machinations
I frame

This is an imaginary poem , but the words have lived their time I knew a young nubile hijra who was continuously abused by his maternal uncle and than eventually sold to a hijra brothel..she turned beautiful, so beautiful that a local Don kidnapped her but she unleashed her passion , he released her and she hates men uses them vindicating her stand against her lost childhood..

She was crying when she narrated me her story , and it was during Ramzan she was fasting keeping the sacred vows and edicts , she solicits after Idd..she told me.

She is a story of success and failure too..and her name is not Kareena at all.. she has flats in posh localities she has over 50 prostitutes working under her ..she could buy anything.. than she began crying again she cant buy her lost childhood and her lost dreams...and from beneath the pillow she pulled out a sepia toned picture much maligned picture of her sitting in a cut out of a Moon at the Haji Malang photostudio.. her parents had bought her there from a village in Maharashtra.

So my poem is the angst of a Hijras lost Illusions..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube