Friday, December 11, 2009

Sairam at the Mahim Urus

103,953 items / 676,051 views

Sairam is a Hindu, he is my poster boy at the Maryamma feast of Mahim when he pierces both his cheeks with a 18 feet rod.

He is my inspiration I hope to emulate him when I pierce my cheeks too next year with the 18 feet rod at Mahim beach.

Sairam is at home with his Muslim friends and visits the dargah of Makhdoom Shah Baba during the Urus..

Dargah is one place that cuts across all religious infrastructure , when you visit a dargah you are neither a Hindu or a Muslim , you are the pure base material called humanity.

This year Sairam had burning viral fever , he was in real bad shape, his mother pleaded with him not to pierce his cheeks , but Sairam loves Goddess Maryamma more than his own life, he walked from the Mahim beach to the Fishermen s Colony with the rod in his mouth.,, he collapsed many a time but supported by his Muslim friends he walked the distance and all his bidus encouraging him every step of the way.


This is hope harmony humanity made in India...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube