Friday, December 11, 2009

Possession at Dargahs

I am blogging this direstly at Facebook than copy and paste to Flickr.

All my pictures originate at Flickr..my archive of over 100000 pictures in 2 and a half years..

I am fascinated by Possession at Dargahs I have shot extensively this time, carrying the sandal on the head , is one act that puts the person in a trance..

Its for real, and the cases of women hitting their heads against walls , shouting grunting groaning shaking their heads is a very sad and pathetic sight..what hits me hard is the parents of this possessed souls or their children.. accompanying them.

The only place in India that these scenes are common is Hussain Tekri Jaorah and Meena Datar Unjha.


At Meena Datar the possessed climb up huge trees I am told , this is one place I plan to visit...

Last night I shot the Chilla of Ghaus Pak at Dharavi, because I was a guest of the Dargah Committee of Ali Maulah Dargah I had no problem , shot without restriction.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube