Friday, December 11, 2009

Hot Butter Tea

103,910 items / 675,903 views



Handi Sai the earlier Murshad of the Chancawalli Rafaees loved dollops of Amul butter added to the tea made on the Dhuni or Holy Fire..

After his death , it is ordinary tea, but the taste is divine, and lasts and lingers like sweet honey..

The Bawas like hashish and tea, they hardly touch ganja, though there are a few on opium..

Last night I saw a bawa making chillums at the dhuni..

I smoked a lot of reefers during my college days , while we sat at the archival corridors of Elphinstone College..

Later friends introduced me to the giant chillum at Shuklaji street , 15 balls of hash or more in a single round , bombay black or afghani..

But luckily though I saw the opium dens at Foras Road I hardly ever had an urge for it..

I gave up hash 30 years back completely and I have been off booze since 12 years..

I never touched brown sugar but did see a close rich friend Porus of Cuffe Parade go down the drain..

My high is photography my nasha is blogging .. all tailor made to my existence ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube