Friday, December 11, 2009

Multiple Hands and Tongue Piercing

This act is a specialty of Firoze Rafaee he has pierced two people hands and the jutting point enters out from another mans tongue..and its tough shooting this in dark and surging crowds and the kids..

Firoze Rafaee and I go a long way back..

Firoze Rafaee Sakib and Fahad Khalil Pathan are the three guys that pushed me in the direction of Indian Sufism strictly pertaining to the Rafaee order..

And there was no looking back, I am posting pictures of the third day of the Urus perhaps, I dont keep note ..

Lat evening I had gone to Dharavi to shoot last day of the Ali Maulah Dargah Urus..than from Dharavi me and a crazy bawa hitched a ride on a tempo and got off at Mahim..

I shot some pictures here and returned home to help Marziya cut my birthday cake.

Both the Urus are over the next stop the Urus of Fakhruddin Shah Baba at Mahim main road , I once saw Ms Ekta Kapoor placing a chaddar on the Tomb of Fakhruddin Shah Baba but did not shoot her picture respecting her private moment and her oneness in spirituality.

The one person who shot my pictures and helped me around at the Makhdoom Shah Baba Dhuni was Tanvir or Tanni.. the best person I have ever met..

I have a lot of pictures close to 2500 to upload ..The Siddis were not to be seen, I shot the Kashmiri beggars, the Albino family too as disppeared..

I know a lot of money is made during the Urus , local hoodlums charge a premium to hawk you stuff on the Foodie Lane , even to sit as a beggar you got to pay.,

Sometimes I have this crazy thought of covering my face with bandages and sitting for a full day as a beggar and feel the pain of the beggar and also feel the guilt of a man who throws a few coins and slinks away..

But than I will have to search for another Firoze Shakir the barefeet blogger of Mumbai to come and shoot my pictures..

And imagine being hassled by cops and showing my Press Card as a beggar ..yes even media begs at one time or the other..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube