Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Muslim Beggar Woman's Pain

This is a set on Flickr - Muslim Beggars of Mumbai..

Call me what you like I shoot pain , whether it is in a veil or exposed it cannot escape the karma of my camera lens..my camera is unforgiving it shoots despair sorrow as I see it unfurl on the streets..the case of the beggar Muslim woman is bad , totally neglected but unseen..do we really care to see women begging ..no we dont..

I will give you an example it might be a bit shocking but yes I have a picture to corroborate it.. a milder one ..

This morning while walking to work outside the closed sandal shop , part of the Tata Agiary was a young man , strapping in built, asleep and wearing a Tshirt and totally nude beneath, his privacy overexposed on main Bandra Hill Road .

As a photographer I could have taken the shot as mans fall from grace, but it would shame me as a blogger , women passed him , school kids girls passed him they just giggled and moved by.

I went to the Bandra Police Station , and told the Inspector on duty,he looked as though I was crazy , but finally walked with me and saw the nude man , he said ..Koie Bhikari Hai and went back.. I was sure he would do nothing..

Later I walked back the same way after a long time and the guy was still there nude , but his privacy was covered by his leg I took a shot..so this is Mumbai.. who cares our conscience and that of our society is dead to all these issues , we notice North Indians beat the shit out of them..we notice guys dressed like me at Nakabandis and let the terrorist dressed as a policeman perhaps hypothetical ,get away..

This is Mumbai and the fate of the beggar Muslim woman is worse than a cracker lit up a dogs tail and nobody hears its shrieks..

Yes I am a blogger and I story tell life in pictures as it passes me by...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube