Monday, December 21, 2009

Amanat Bawa at Ali Maulah Dargah Dharavi

Amanat Bawa too is the murshad of the Chancawalli Rafaees , he is always smiling , but seeing me he goes into spasms of mild friendly laughter, it is his way of acceptance and I interpret this with the language of my soul.

He likes me a lot and deliberately poses for my camera that waits on him.

Honestly I think its my fate and my wild spirit my lust for freedom that endears me to the bawas.

I dont ask questions , I am not journo material...I dont poke my nose in their personal life nor am I curious about their past.

The same rule of thumb applies to my relationship with the hijras..I was offered money , future by a very rich hjra to be her companion , I refused I am just a photographer and blogging is my only vanity..I have been poached by hijras to shoot them in the nude I refused..not my cup of tea.

I am a poet I read the poetry of life and by shooting it I give it another dimension.

I have seen many things I could have shot never did , I am broke penniless sometimes , a part of my karma but I have not yet sold my creativity of picture and word to anyone else..I am a professional darji , tailor and that keeps the house fires burning..

I have one student who learns photography under me my 2 year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir.. in return she teaches me too..

This world is an Inn , a short stay and than the time comes to take leave , and you have to swim to your destination so you leave behind everything , the only thing you take along with you is your humility ..as loin cloth wrapped around your soul..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube