Monday, December 21, 2009

Crazy Bawa at Ali Maulah Dargah

106,389 items / 690,046 views

This dargah is a token of tribute to Hazrat Ali..and is in a very congested Mumbai slums called Dharavi..I had come here once with late Handi Sai many years back..a liitle distance away from here is the famous chilla of Ghaus Pak much venerated by Sunni ladies.
The dhuni here is owned by Shakil Bhai I was told.

Coming here barefeet is a tough choice the tiny filthy lanes ,but it is a place of peace once you reach within.


Crazy Bawa is a nice guy , recently he used the sword on my belly at the Sandal of Fakhruddin Shah Baba as a body piercing act...he knows I can with stand pain.

Crazy Bawa makes the most exhilarating butter tea , you got to taste it to believe it, it is solemnly divine.. he speaks to me in bad American drawl, as he thinks I am a foreigner.

This is a hardcore area , you meet all kinds here good the bad and the ugly.. it comes with the territory and these are pictures shot on 9 Dec 2009..

Bawas come and bawas go, they are nomadic and hitch up with any rafaee order ..but you will meet them come what may at Ajmer Sharif at Char Yar..


Bawa world is intriguing, spell binding and makes good documentary provided you have the temperament to deal with bawas.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube