Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bakra Idd Namaz Bandra Station 2009

101,821 items / 664,860 views

The Shias from Bandra area where I live go for namaz to the Bandra Khoja Shia Mosque , that is being duly expanded to accommodate the namazis..however it is the Sunni Bandra Station Road Namaz I shot, and love to shoot, it is spiritually exhilarating, and most of the people residing in my area pray here on both the Idds..

There are other places to like the Noorani Mosque and the adjacent areas, Almeida Park, Badi Masjid including a Sunni mosque near the main Bandra Bazar.

After the namaz the Qurbani slaughter of the Bakras begin, mostly soon after the fajr Azan, at Ebu butchers slaughter house cum goat shop , the clientele is mostly the Shia Khojas , they buy the bakras and like me have it cut here..the wait is endless but I was given preference over everyone else as a few years back Ebu and I were neighbors when I stayed at Kamla Bai Sadan..

Close to the Noorani Mosque the very poor pool in and slaughter a bull, much cheaper than a goat, a goat is not less than Rs 4000 ..the lamb is a bit cheaper I am told but the meat is tasteless..

I shot the bull slaughter but only a few frames after it had been bought down, next year perhaps..I shot this at the Compound too..I was late for the main procedure..

At our house , we dont cook the goat we have slaughtered on the main Idd day as my kids and their wives prefer Chicken Biryani , and by late evening it is all over..the meat we distribute among a few friends.

This was the first time I did not send the biryani to my friends as Marziya was not keeping well, running cold fever..we were all concerned about her.. she is getting better though..

My uploading is slow on my sons comp , 6 pictures each 4 MB have taken over 8 hours..I had a message in my Flickr inbox, I share with all of you from a dear American friend regarding my Internet woes..

You've been sent a Flickr Mail from Stephen J. Alexander:

-------------------------------------------- ----------------

:: telecom

I think bad service from telecoms is a universal constant -
if it's any consolation it's pretty horrible here, too

Cheers,

Stephen

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube