Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Idd - Muslim Brothers and Sisters

101,815 items / 664,504 views

I had shot them at Haji Malang during the Urus - this albino family, and on Idd day while rushing to shoot the Idd Bandra Station namaz I spotted them at JJ Colony, they were wondering about me, barefeet , dressed in orange garb, I was desperately late for the Namaz , I paid them generously shot a few frames..they cannot stand the rays of the sun..for me this is the prologue to pain before man bows his head towards the Almighty..

I came back from the Namaz shot some Qurbani stuff than since yesterday my net was dead , my pictures I could not upload..I shot beggar women in hijab and with the power of my mind embedded in my camera , you can see her face and her pain..this is the flip side of festivity..Amiron ki Idd Saal main Ek Bar Gharibon ki Idd ek din main bar bar...

I am making another set for the Idd pictures here at Flickr..I shot in color but because my net was dead ..discolored them as black and whites..

This morning I shot the slaughter of the bull - at the Bandra compound and at a slum at Noorani Mosque..

I am posting this from my sons comp..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube