Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bakra Idd Namaz Bandra Station 2009

101,816 items / 664,598 views

I was late for the Bakra Idd Namaz and here as I reached the Bandra Station Sunni Mosque barefeet I spotted this young boy, and I was lucky I was the only one shooting him, most of the so called photo journalists were busy capturing the Mansuri kids further ahead..

Kid who are cutely dressed by the fathers vying to be in the newspapers along with the kids , and after the namaz ends its the beginning and no end for kids Idd hugging pictures , I shoot this too including the journos in my frame..

After the namaz I shot a pathetic beggar lady in a hijab and in great pain, from here I rushed to Ebus goat shop shot some more Qurbani pictures , and cutting across Indira Nagar came to a scene, that hit me hard..
At Bandra Bazar Road there was a friendly goat called Jimbu without horns brown and white, he loved kids , he was Marziyas favorite, he was to be slaughtered last year but missed the razors edge, this year he was not lucky, or perhaps he was lucky, he was slaughtered with divine respect and after his head was slit he still remained alive , kids weepy eyed..this is sacrifice, you nurture a goat like your child than hand him to the bounty of God..like Abraham offered Ishmael..

So this Bakra Idd shot by the barefeet blogger of Mumbai..this Namaz set is my new offering at Flickr..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube