Friday, October 2, 2009

Ramlila Artistes Backstage

98,790 items / 597,487 views

This is the last segment of pictures shot backstage on Dasshera day that I am posting now.. I have a very slow Flickr uploader , it takes hours sometimes several days to get mt pictures to my photostream.

But I am not complaining..

The artistes at Ramlila are all male doing a splendid job and playing multi characters , they help each other , they do make up on the other artistes and even they do not complain..

They are all from good solid sound back grounds but they love Ramlila .

Ram and Laxman , also known as Gopal and Govind both real brothers both Chaturvedis are from Mumbai the rest from Mathura.

For me this backstage was a pictorial eyeopener, there was peace brotherhood and harmony among all the artistes.

I am also thankful to the organizers of the Ramlila allowing me to shoot this important event for the second time..Thank you Sundar Bhai I Kannar.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube