Friday, October 2, 2009

Give The Mumbai Police Man His Due

98,789 items / 597,443 views

The Mumbai Police cop has been on his feet contributing with his humility , his khaki presence to the law and order situation in Mumbai.
And the positive side , he is doing a brilliant job, whatever crass the media writes about him ,there are bad eggs in every basket in society so why just pick on cops...there s corruption in Gods house too, in politics so why just corner the policeman only ..dont paint all of them with a brush of hate.

The long hours at work means that the policeman has hardly any time for his family,or his childrens growth.His accommodation is a pigeon hole..his salary sucks..he has no time for anything else..

I have always made it a point , to make the policeman the hero of all my religious procession stories , he is there and his shadow keeps evil at bay, as there are bad elements waiting to bring peace to a halt in Mumbai our beloved city where we all live happily .

We have seen trying times , evil tried to choke the life out of Mumbai, but we the people along with the Mumbai Police overcame their evil agenda.

Whatever one says Mumbai Police in spite of all odds has been there with a danda in hand facing the terrorists bullets , the irony is the heartless soul of conscience only remembers the Mumbai Police when they die saving our lives , other wise we neglect them completely.

They are used like door mats by the politician and if they rebel they are thrown to the jungles transferred to Naxalbari fires..its indeed sad to say the least.

I was at the Bandra Police Station yesterday and all the constables greeted me wholeheartedly ,thanking me for recording the various processions of Bandra..promoting peace and goodwill among all sections of society.
None of the constables know I write about them too, they know I take their pictures , but not one of them has ever asked for a copy.

Very few know that I post them on the Internet.

Senior Inspector Prakash George too has been a great fan of my work, and recently ACP Amitabh Gupta who met at Carter Road thanked me for the work I was doing as a blogger.

And I had taken Marziya to the Bandra Police Staion she would not stop shaking hands with the cops and shouting Police Police .. Marziya is my 23 month old grand daughter who all the Bandra cops love , most of them stop their vans to wave out to her, I have tears in my eyes as I write this..do they see their own daughters when they see Marziya ..Probably..

I have always paid tribute to the humble constable barring some officers who dont like their pictures being taken by a blogger photographer dressed like me I have cordial relationship with the Mumbai Police on the whole..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube