Friday, January 25, 2008

Amin Imambada Ashura 2008


Amin Imambada Ashura 2008
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

Amin Imambada has two entrance a front and one at the rear end , I was stationed at the rear end , where the hard core Matam takes place , in the front on one side are the women a section that is barricaded for men.
Even the huge walls , women have climbed up from an adjacent building to get a view of the events below.The scaffolding is packed with kids who have taken position..I had made my choice I found an arch from where I decided only to shoot the flagellations and miss the Juloos, however in the end I shot portions of the Juloos too..
At the lag end I shot portions of the Sword Matam..
Here in the picture is a guy from Malad who had got this deadly three blades made at Chor Bazar, all connected to 3 chains, the width 3" and the length 24".

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube