Friday, January 25, 2008

Shia Cubs -Future of our Race


Shia Cubs -Future of our Race
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

You know this is a Shia kid, no doubt about that, he is as sane as you and me no trance no drug, and adult coaxing him to do what he is doing, he is become Man in a single stoke of Faith-bleeding Faith.
His family members are not around just his friends as manic as him on Ashra day.
This is a solidarity of the Brotherhood of Ghame Hussain.
I took this shot from a slight elevated position..nothng can frighten this Shia kid..
I know a lot of people are against this show of mournful brutality, but can you stop them.No you cant .Hussain is the fulcrum of all Pain..
I shoot kids and this is is sheer passionate photography of pain ...
Actually there is no pain , would you believe that , the kid is totally focussed on Hussain and the Tragedy of Karbala..
As a child in his mothers safe arms he saw these visuals year after year waited for his turn..and here he is walking tall.I am not glorifying or justifying the act of self mutilation but I am showing you a psychological pattern of pain..
I saw his friends around him, goading him with the chant of Ya Ali Ya Ali , there is no mirror here for him to know how deep his gash is but his friends keep him informed..
these are Shia cubs -the future of our race.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube