Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thank You -Howlin Sheikh


Thank You -Howlin Sheikh
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1

Photo courtesy

aapa.org.au/rumi3%5B1%5D.jpg

Thank You Howling Sheikh
When he decided to make you
He was tired but fully awake
He went to sleep later
That’s when he made
A Fake..An English Poet
A White God of Poetry
For Poetry’s sake
A slithering slimy snake
An American handmaiden
Who loves to cook and bake!
Good friends she does forsake
This Lady of the Lake
Racism in poetry
Is no nice give or take
It does a brown back break
A thirst parched in sorrow
Mere words can never slake
I am sorry I should have written
This in my language
But than poem hunter
Poison I did partake
Metaphors, Similes
And my poetic ache
And my horrendous grammar
My punctuated pause
My pedestrian poetic mistake
A pictorial wordless photographer
Writing for fun
Burning as an Indian
Like Joan Of Arc
Pilloried at a Stake
Pursued by
Australian Coral Racist Snakes
Poem hunter Ducks and Drakes



From : Ian Bowen (High Wycombe United Kingdom; Male; 63)

To : Firoze Shakir

Date Time : 10/15/2007 10: 15: 00 AM (GMT -6: 00)


Subject : Concerned

Dear Firoze, you would not have heard of me. I am a quiet man, who simply enjoys poetry and reading interesting forum quotes. I believe you to be a trouble maker, and have a mandate to ruin this site for others.
Having taken the time to read your work...I find your use of the English language is way below the standard needed to write 'good poetry'
Hope you will continue to write in your own language (of which I am sure your are more than capable) .

Best regards,
Ian

firoze shakir photographerno1

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube