Friday, October 26, 2007

Old Maharani the Hijda


Old Maharani the Hijda
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1

a tragic travelogue of a
world has that has passed me by

the mujras , the kothas
the nawabi shaan
my almond shaped doe eyes
kohl laden , hair henna dyed
my hourglass figure
my injured
meaningess manhood
concealed and none could pry
my stealthly smile
bancing love
on the tips of my toes
every movement fine
now in utter depair robbed of all the shine
my faded glory , my widowed wrinkles
my weathered woes regret and a cry
those memories lashing and lacerating my soul
when I danced a vestigial virgin
at new born children’s badhai
at wedding s my prancing feet
the dhol , clap beat s
the harmonium sweet notes of the shenai
tears of joy, young unblistered soul
love a freedom unfettered to a sigh
my lovers , my lords , my patrons
all gone away leaving me old to die
my looted wares, my stolen charms
my robbed frivolity, all sordidly
secondhand now..what is left
unfit for sale , no one wants to buy..
I am old shriveled Maharani the Hijda
Time cruel sadistic Time I cannot defy
I look thunderstruck
at the new breed tenderfooted
transgendered souls ,
see how they relive a lie
they have palpitating youth
its the cyber net savvy brains
old hijda life goodbye..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube