Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Hijdas Cry


The Hijdas Cry
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1

The heart rending cry
Of a Hijda
Transgender terrestrial
Hermaphrodite
On raised tips of his toes
As he reaches the sky
Fleshy earth trembles
Another potholed heaven
Beneath his feet lie
And he questions eternity
From the rib of a woman
Came I ..
Why Oh Why
tears that hold
Back his sigh on a virginal
Spotlessly speckless
Hanky, hanker
For a second and die.
Renamed
Reborn
Kaajal
Kohl eyed
Shakila Syeds
Maternal pride
A Throttled soul inside
a womanly
bodied bride
Outside
Her flesh of man
Her soul of a woman
The great divide
A pictureless thought
a bleeding bromide



I met Kaajal at Moti Katra with the very learned and hailing from a royal family Shakila Syed eunuch lady who would not allow me to photograph her.. but gave me permission to shoot Kajaal her protege .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube