Thursday, August 30, 2007

Passing Mirrors


Passing Mirrors
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1
passing mirrors ,
lives
reflecting mirrors of paint
one side the sinner
the other side the saint
good bad and evil
embedded in pain
a dimensionally flattened plaint..
art shows itself differently
in its own restraint..
this is poetic wisdom
not a complaint..




Will Barber (howtown, texas United States; Male; 58
Well after I had complained about not being able to reach your blog, I did indeed reach one. I dearly loved the sights of Krishna's birthday. One of the god-forms to which I pay devotion is Krishna. The Alexandrian invaders of India immediately identified him with Pan. I, being Christian, identified him with Jesus. The picture of the small boy dressed as Krishna was priceless, and the pictures of the pyramid - wow! what a proclamation of cooperation (and fun, and strength of devotion.)

I was puzzled by the reference to eunuchs. Is the deliberate removal of gonads still practiced in India, or is that a remnant of the past? Some Western choral works are strangely diminished by the assignment of 'castrati' parts to sopranos, of course. I am just curious, and forgive me if my questions seem rude.

The poem you sent me via email was disturbing, yet rich in imagery. I think of certain temples in India, richly carved in erotic scenes - and served by ascetic cults.

A story told by one traveler to India greatly impressed me. He saw everywhere the symbol of the lingam-yoni. He was amazed that such a sexual symbol should be so universal. At one shrine, an old Indian man told him he could tell the traveler of the hidden significance of the symbol. Fascinated, the traveler asked the secret. The ancient Hindu whispered in his ear - 'You see, it is a penis and vagina! ' or words to that effect. The old man laughed and laughed.

Sometimes, I think we live in different worlds, according to where the sun may happen to shine!

Love,
Will

This is an old post I sincerely miss hearing from Mr Will Barber a great Poem hunter poet and a greater human being.With love for all humanity.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube