Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Day After Independence Day

Today was our 60th Independence Day , it meant that normally I would take my Nikon D 70 go and shoot the beggar kids selling flags.
I always made it a point to go to St Peters Church and the adjoining St Stanislaus School.
But I am far too saturated for Flag photography, my Nikon D 70 lies unsold with Subash my camera friend, the Nikon F 100 is far too cumbersome aggravates my hand injury.So I decided to stay put at home, I kept my shop shut today.
I did go out for a few minutes to visit a lady doctor Vidya Pai from De Monte Street .
I wanted her to come and check up my wife,she was in Lucknow head hunting for my younger son Saif Shakirs would be bride , but things did not materialise, all the rounds visting prospective girls houses have taken a toll, my wife suffers from ultra violet suns allergy, her entire body from waist up got severly burnt inspite of being amply covered in her Hijab..
So there is much pain, it touches all of us..
Dr Vidya Pai came home after locking her clinic gave my wife a shot...
So I have been home going through old CDS ..pictures that I have never seen or posted.
I dont post at my homesite due to technical reasons so all my new stuff lies at Flickrs but from Flickr I crosss blog to Bloggerspot and Word Press site..
But the best of me is at Word Press..
I dont post at Buzznet nor at Ipernity .
I have completely stopped going to Chor Bazar and to Kamatipura Flea Market..
While I was comong back home from Dr Vidya Pai I met one of the whippers of Ma Ambe I shot him against a statue of Jesus Christ ..in all I shot 4 frames today.
The day after Independence you will find the roadside gutters littered with our countries Flag..just a single day of Glory and back to the rut of apathetic reality.
Nothing changes , life goes on we hoist flags , we listen to nationalistic old songs , we distribute sweets wish our friends and neigbors but next morning we will be back cursing the same guy for parking his car near our doorway...
We are a product of a lovemaking bringing out Hate and more Hate as we grow..this is my reasoning of 54 years ... from 60 years of our Independence.
The pictures I posted were from last year , .. the colors in the Flags dont change , nor the color of money.. the color of the life of a child who sells the Flag...well it does change...she becomes a Mother faster than you can ever imagine..
Most of them just disappear never to be heard of again...
I store Memories ..pictures that become poems of Despair.
Time to hit the sack.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube