Saturday, June 23, 2007

In My Masters Light

photographerno1.wordpress.com/2007/01/04/in-my-masters-li...

My master KG Maheshwari the great eminent photo artist taught me how to unlearn photography, he taught me to see the world through the viewfinder , but read it as prose and transform it as a pictorial poetry…

This is photography , how you read a thought and how you write it down as a picture.Photography , the Brahmanic form of photography rquires that you find a guru, touch his feet , give him guru dakshina , and you have found a path.Pictorial nirvana comes with time , faults, mistakes and the guidance of the guru..

My first lesson of photography came from the Mahabharta , Donacharya shoting the Pandvas and Kaurvas archery , archery is photography, some shot the tree , some shot the fruit only Arjun shot the eye of the bird , and if in a portrait you capture the glint in the eye your picture lives forever, yes I am a Muslim and for me good photography is Hinduism my cultural inheritance, in one lesson of the Mahabharta, I learnt depth of field, angle of focus, perspective, circle of confusion and shooting into the eye of a needle.

I do not need Brookes, all I need is a stream of thought and the hands of my Guru , yes I am blessed I have three gurus.. Mr KG Maheshwari, Mr B WJatkar and Mr Shreekanth Malushte.

Incidentally the 84 year old Mr KG Maheshwari industrialist magnate,philanthrophist, is called Dronacharya, by those who rever him, this legendary Yousef Karsh of India.

www.photographerno1.com

January 4th, 2007

from left shreekanth malushte , mr maheswariji, me and prof jatkar

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube