Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Photography is nothing but an art of telling stories




posted at Facebook

The day you go in raptures having shot a picture and reduced it to a photograph or snapshot ,,, you lost it and this art of photo shooting is further denigrated at camera clubs ,,

For me and thanks to the doyens who took me under their care and though they were great masters of photography ,, they let me interpret photography the way I wanted I first thought of photography akin to poetry I humbly wrote picture poetry I still cant write a poem without a picture .

Blogging made me shoot drivel and drivel was what I call my enchantment as a blogger .

Luckily the blogger within me died a stroke ..OD

As a reborn photographer I became a story teller I need words as the people who see my images are not part of my culture or my surroundings .

I shot for myself but I shot to woo the intenet I shot for Flickr Twitter 4 frames and finally FB though I am uncomfortable uploading pictures here but I can write summarize poeticize that I am unable to do at Flickr or Twitter ,.. I have a grave on the Internet too it is Blogspot ,,, RIP

I sometimes share my stuff there .. sometimes .

Ok now back to my hair raising story ..I am mad about street barbers having documented their art finger skill for many years ..I shoot religious tonsure Akika Mundan..all relaed to shaving the scalp.

Here at Makanpur the mothers bring their child get him her shaved and a few strands of hair are placed at the foot of the Tomb as appreciation for the Saints blessings the birth of a normal child maybe birth of a boy ,, lots of reasons .

I wont go into it even adults shave their head having found the right mate got a good job...so I shot these barbers on the banks of the Ganges I shot them at the various Kumbhs I shot them on my street Lal Mitti Bandra Reclamation they became the protagonist of my barber storyboard .

The largest number of barbers on a single day countless bald heads I shoot at Banganga Pitru Paksha Mumbai.

I shot my granddaughters akika mundan.

I just love street barbers and mind you this is not an obsession or a fetish it is storytelling ...

I first used to shoot stills but now it is more videos it gives a dimension and continuity to my barber stories .

13 .5 million views because ordinary people see my videos I gave the people I shoot on the streets an International platform my You Tube channel I would not upload my videos on Facebook sheer waste and worst on Twitter live .

So go out take a camera stop shooting fucked pictures shoot some mind blowing stories fuck stay a million light years from Camera Clubs they will never let you become a storyteller stories dont hang on camera salon walls only pictures that all look the same from one camera club brochure to another ,,

Break rules become a better photographer ..
Fuck the old pompous one foot in the grave Renaissance clones .zombies ..

These are my personal views as a product of a camera club...I gave it up before it could give up on me .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube