Monday, September 18, 2017

The Tennis Stroke of Luck









All my life right from my schooldays at Wodehouse Road I dont recollect playing any sports ..no cricket no football no hockey our school days we flirted with comely girls that was our sports or the games we played .
There was dramatics that I participated with a few friends ..
I loved reading books but no other games .
Not even in college .
Three years back I began walking rigorously as my blood sugar was causing havoc ..it was while taking the rounds I used to watch a few walking mates playing tennis ..but I had no interest .
One day the tennis Coach smiled at me and invited me to the court we got talking we became friends Coach Surendra Pawar had taught tennis to a few Bollywood people and was once connected to Khar Gymkhana ..He casually asked m try out some tennis shots and thus began my love for tennis ..
It was not easy at all because I have a damaged right hand I cant fold my wrist and the racquet would fly out of my hand ,,my left leg was always accident prone so I could hardly move I am 65 ..
Trial and error it took me a lot of time those who had played with me became senior players I still played with the juniors and newbies I still do.
In my life I have never met a person like Mr Surendra Pawar from the day I started playing tennis he vowed not to take a penny from me he taught me free on my birthday he gave me a Head racquet costing Rs 14000 ..I found out the price on the Internet.
His boys instructors went out of their way to help me play simply because I cared for all of them..if my wife makes something special she will see that I take a tiffin for them.
But whatever I do I cannot repay what thy have done for me I thank them for my stamina that helped me in my Sufi walk Chadiyan from Delhi to Ajmer 550 km in 13 days .
My blood sugar was under control my waist was 41.5 inches now it is 37 ..
So I started a Whatsup Group as a tribute to my Coach..he is my Guru and father figure though 10 years younger than me ..His grandson Ayan who lives in Belgium loved me a lot as I spoke with him in French.. he was on holidays in Mumbai with his family.


I made a playlist of my Tennis videos , Coachs birthday instructors weddings birthdays etc ,,,on You Tube.


Even at Flickr I set up a album of my tennis memories under Coach Pawar and his boys Darshan Rohan Mangesh Vish Maneesh Michael Praful Sanket Razak and others ,
Last night sitting up at home I wrote a few poems ..


I play for 45 minutes every morning at MET Grounds ..
If anyone of you would like to play tennis reasonable rates let me know I will connect you with my Coach who is absolutely dedicated by very low profile .


dressed in white an old oak
a tennis floor wet soaked
the Rains glistening emotions
choked ..a moment born of
passionate dedication the
 coach spoke to  a Malang bespoke ..


 On a wet perspiring tennis court ..a dream like a paper boat  afloat ..to Be or not to Be..a tennis player or pretend to be just another  scapegoat..    

               
: kabhi kabhi dil ko lagti hai Chot ..dat se Dabey hot ..kehti hai Begumsahiba kam karo chodo tennis ghar par lao note..apni hasraton ka gala ghot ..mere hath ki lakeeron par dalmot..subha jakey Lana hai blood sugar report ek taraf zindagi dusri taraf maut.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube