Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Peaceful Muslims Of Bandra




He stays near the Bandra Reclamation Sunni Mosque and we became friendly a few months back since I started walking at the MET Grounds and this is the short cut through the beef market that exits out via the mosque at Bandra Reclamation..
He is a migrant and a self made man from UP lives in Bandra since 60 years , when I pass him by he is reading the Urdu papers or having a shave and I love to shoot him , the kindness of his face and his humble personality ,,and sometimes I blog about him ..he inquires about my family my grandkids , and I really miss him when he goes to visit his hometown.
I would have never met him had I not taken this route for my walks as I normally went for my walks via Lal Mitti main Bandra Reclamation road. His name is Ahad Bhai I think he deals in construction materials and has a shop near the mosque.
We get along pretty well ..we dont talk religion , we dont talk about politics or the weather ,,, we just greet each other ,and we are both Bandraites ,, we were not born in Bandra ,,, but Bandra was born in us ,,, cosmically ,,,and intrinsically ,.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube