Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Nagas Are Coming . Har Har Mahadev













As a photographer my genre is peoples photography with relevance to culture rituals occult possession and exorcism..I have shot the genre beyond the borders of caste color or creed ,, I shoot Faith as it moves Mountains that come in its way,, I am fascinated by the Naga Sadhus ,, shooting the Maha Kumbh 2013 Nasikh Kumbh 2003 and Nasikh Kumbh 2015 was easily falicitated because of my connection with my Naga Guru Shree Vijay Giri Maharaj Juna Akhara ,, perhaps I am his only Muslim disciple ,,and highly privileged for being part of this greatest event on Earth.. My Guru invites me much before the Kumbh begins ,, and I am indebted to him as a photographer ,, he gives me shelter a place to stay and has never asked me for a penny though I contribute what I can in all humility and gratitude ,, his disciples go out of their way to help me respectfully even the Nagas in his fold call me Malang Baba nobody calls me by my name ever ,,
These are pictures shot on the streets of Trimbakeshwar on the day of the 29 August Shahi Snan.. it went off very smoothly thanks to the Nasikh adminstration and the Maharashtra Police and the pilgrims and residents ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube