Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Malang From Mumbai Shot By Laurent Salisse



As mentioned before Laurent Salisse my French photographer friend came first time to Bandra to meet and shoot me on his Mamiya 6/7
I went to fetch him from Bandra Station than we cut through Nandi Gully I introduced him to the ear cleaners from there I picked up bloodworms for my flowerhorns from Sweet Home Aquarium through several short cuts bought him to my house ..than we went below my building where Laurent placed the backdrop cloth hand made by him , he took several shots on the Mamiya and on his miniature digital but in the chaos and confusion there was a technical hitch , it began to rain heavily so he waited and re shot everything again.. he does not compromise , does not get agitated ..
He met my MLA Advocate Ashish Shelar visited his Ganpati Pandal at Bandra Reclamation than I put him on a bus to go back to his hotel Carlton behind Taj Mahal Hotel.
The camera bestowed me a vision not to just see pictures but also gave me some great friends , a few friendships soured out but all in all I met some great photographers at Flickr ,,and some on Facebook ..
Laurent is a freelance photographer and a hardcore Indophile ,,loves India magnificently and this was his first visit to my house since we met in Lucknow Ashura Moharam in 2007.
We will be shooting a lot together next year ,,Inshallah.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube