Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Marziya Shoots Maya Painting The Bandra Building












I encouraged both Marziya and Nerjis and the most important thing I taught them was never to get intimidated by the crowds around them or even photographers shooting the same thing..and to concentrate on the shot nothing else mattered .
All three including Zinnia were crazy about Maya and as our house faces the building she was painting , the kids would yell out to her Maya Maya ,her husband Thomas was real cool ,,and he was video shooting her , a daunting task that took several weeks ,I invited them for lunch , they were vegetarians but they could not make it ,,
All this is part of my set called Painted Walls at Flickr ,,I was so busy shooting Maya that I did not get a chance to shoot the artists working on the Dada Phalke mural at MTNL building Bandra Reclamation.
I have shot wall art at Mahim Dadar and other places in Bandra ,, and made my grandkids shoot it too.. as both love painting and craft..
I also hope those of you who have kids grandkids encourage them at an early age and let their inner art bloom on the canvas of joy and document it too so those moments will be revisited by your kids when they grow older ,,sadly I was so deep down in a bottle that I had no time for my own kids ,,I am making it up with their kids ,,learning photography is very easy its how you hold your camera that makes you a good photographer ,,the camera has to become aligned with your inner eye,,than the camera ceases to exist only the inner eye takes the shots ,, call it vision ,,or whatever ,,I demystified the camera ,,I told my grandkids the camera just a box .. it could do nothing by itself ,, they had to do what the camera could not do.. and they are not hung up on the camera like I am... is the only silver lining in disguise ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube