Tuesday, June 9, 2015

You Are The First Person Asking Me Why I Beg




This is a video I shot yesterday on the Kurla overbridge I have not uploaded it .. as I was tired carrying a huge bag I had come from Ghatkopar by Ricksha and was going to Kurla East to meet my friends Asif Patel and Mohomed Sajjad , flowerhorn kings of Kurla East.

I spotted him sitting in a corner , I took this shot , than something hit me very hard , I gave him money sat next to him, I was dressed in my malang attire , turban rings etc..

I took out my mobile phone , and asked him to tell me his story , why he was begging , he had tears in his eyes , he is from Madhya Pradesh, he had one daughter a son in law,..his own house life was nice till his son in law died tragically -prolonged sickness , his daughter could not bear her husbands death , she would cry , and soon realized she too was sick with cancer ..she died , he  had mortgaged his house for her medicine etc..

His wife takes care of their grandkids and he comes to Mumbai to beg.. his only wish is that he pays of the mortgage , he will go back to his hometown and never return to Mumbai, the best season for begging is Ramzan so he is waiting for the Holy Month Of Hope and Piety , when even Muslim misers give a coin or two.

Its only during Bakra Eid they give a lot only to buy goats for atrocious amounts .. and they do charity giving the skins of the goats to the Masjid ,, If I say more it would be shooting words in the Air ,,

Last year my wife and I decided we will not do the Kurbani give the entire money to charity ,, perhaps a heretic thought but we are happy with it and for the goat too.

So this is a roadside story I shot accidentally , perhaps God wanted me to share his pain , his story with all of you..

The best part is starting a story and knowing when to end it .. this story ends with this picture and begins with my video.


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube