Friday, June 5, 2015

Shooting The Soul Of Madness




I have been shooting madpeople since a very long time , I documented their tragic lives as a street photographer ..than I recently carved a set called Mad People of India at Flickr ,,perhaps there are many I shot at Dargahs at the Kumbh Maha Kumbh and in my walk of life that I have not added to this set.

I saw many mad people living at Bandra Bazar road and sadly they disappeared without a forwarding address ..but they live through the pictures I shot ,,A part of me is still scared to shoot mad people but I take my chance ready to be attacked or hit with a rock ..a mad lady curses abuses and carries a rock I shot her too.. what makes them mad .. there are so many questions .. mostly women go mad because of guys who destroyed them with false love and drinks and drugs ,forced into mad houses they come out more mad than ever .. do people or the government really care about mad people or even sane people locked up in mental homes ,, Indians hardly care for Indians .. living unliving or even the dead ..

I shot this lady at VT taking a moving low shot with my camera two shots ,, if I had the guts I could sit next to her shoot her video ask her questions ,,, but I dont have it in me yet , but I am accumulating it gradually ,,I shot two videos of beggars in very bad shape at Ghatkopar not my area .. I was not scared .luckily I dont look like a typically run of the mill media person.. I look like a beggar myself..

We are all mad in degrees .. I have a mad side too it was very mad violent stupid when I drank.. now it is sane and fucked sober ,, once I was dead drunk had a fight with mY wife without provocation jumped from an old building first floor ,, I was staying at First Pasta Lane my wife did not know what happened I landed at Badhwar Park badminton ground , I fell with a thud and my leg was numb ..lying next to where I fell was somebody's wooden crutch I picked it up and limping walked back home ..
I realized not just cats even humans have nine lives ,,I have put my mad side to sleep..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube