Friday, June 5, 2015

Sometimes Friendship Is Thicker Than Blood .






lasting long living reliving beyond
actions deeds or words ..friendship
not ending like soapsuds ..genuine
friendship that might sound absurd
a sindhi a muslim made molded
from the essence of this very mud
I am writing this directly on Facebook as I mentioned time and again I use Facebook as a blog platform.. I pimp my Flickr blogs here but sometimes I blog here .
I have many Sindhi friends as I lived at Coaba though I am ashamed I cant speak the language as fluently as both my brothers Shakil Shakir andFirdos Shakir They speak Sindhi and sometimes sound and gesture emote like Pucca Sindhis ..
I once worked at Charagh Din my first salesman's job and here it was Sindhi Sindhi Sindhi... but that part of my life is another story.. My best friend Ramesh Mulchandani made me a Sindhi , making me gorge on Sindhi papad , Sindhi curry and breathing Sindhi .. Cheti Chand No Mela and celebrating Guru Nanik day..
But than I moved to Bandra leaving behind my Sindhi friends Sindhi ethos ..and I worked for a Sindhi boss a very Big Boss type but than again that is another long story I shall narrate on some other blog page .
I will start with an anecdote to introduce you to my next Sindhi friend a brother like no brother ..A film director who had worked with Mr Danny Denzongpa , impressed with my work and styling offered me an assignment for a South Indian actor I was given a nominal advance and I was to stitch some stuff and bring readymades at Mr Atul Kasbekars studio , the lady hero clothes were assigned to one of the top most lady designer of Bollywood .
I reached the studio with two suitcases of readymades taken from my Sindhi friend Anil Hirani the exceptional hero my story..he gave me most of the stuff on approval , he used to give me loads when I worked with Mr Govinda .. suitcases and I was prompt in returning the unused stuff and paying for the stuff the actor selected , whether the producer paid me or not I settled my bill at Nostradamus .. the most iconic jean tshirt boots jacket store on Bandra Hil Road belonging to the Hiranis .
I was Anils dads favorite , he would talk with me listen to me .
Well the photo session got over and I thought I will hand over my bill for the stuff I had made and for the stuff used for the shoot and believe it or not the director disappeared and I was stuck with just the nominal advance I did not get money for the stuff I had made nor the stuff used from my friend Anil Hiranis collection , all make up soiled .
I bought the stuff home called the director but ...the phone was off the hook the lady designer put her hands up as she wanted me to pick up the heros ready mades from Try Me that I had flatly refused .
I gave up hopes I had to return Anils stuff I told him my story and told Anil I would pay from my pockets the stuff that was used and soiled ..I asked him to give me time to pay for the stuff .. Anil called his sales boy asked him to take back all the stuff and he said to me Firoze you owe me nothing .. forget about it .. and I had tears in my eyes this was long way back.. and from that day till today I have been a close friend of Anil Hirani..
When I owed money to Anil my payment came late Anil never called me and one day Anil was in bed sick and I had got a payment I went to his house to give it to him , his mother admonished me politely ,, never to to do that again but I told her it had been delayed for sometime .. than she made me sit down and served me Sindhi breakfast.
Cut to 2015 ,, I had made some jeans for a a very important client , and after the jeans were made he insisted he wanted them jeanwashed ..I knew a few guys but they had closed down they did acid wash stonewashed etc .. I tried everywhere , another good friend tried but his laundry friend does bulk wash so after two weeks I got the jeans back.. And than my wise wife said why dont you talk to Anil Hirani , I did and Anil went out of his way , and I was with him today with the jeans outside Standard Chartered Bank Bandra , he spoke to his contact , and I took the jeans to a setup at Ghatkopar by ricksha and the guys will do it for me only because of Anil Hirani ,,
So on my way back from the laundry I met two sets of beggars at Ghatkopar I sad down shot their videos .. and once in the rickshah I called up Anil Hrani and thanked him .. so this is a simple story devoid of passion pathos or poetry ,, but this is a story of a great friend my Sindhi friend Anil Hirani I thanked him and here I must add when I go to Ajmer or Pushkar I pray for all of them,.
And I have another great Sindhi friend I have made his wedding wardrobe , and at his wedding at Nehru Platenarium the chief guest was Mr LK Advani and as I entered the venue in my Pathani turban and lots of jewelry I was immediately taken into custody by his bodyguards they thought I was a terrorist I had a silver stick in my hand that they pried open .. there was no knife in it , I kept telling them I was Suren Gurbaxani the grooms designer and friend and before I was to be handed over to the local cops Suren rushed in and bailed me out ,, there was no mobile phones those days ,, So my tryst with Sindhis ,,is as old as my own history ,, there are others too I am connected to here on Facebook and they have all contributed to my humanity ,,,Mr Romu Sippy Mr Raj Sippy Shaan Uttamsingh and the list is very long ..
So I will now blog this at Flickr Ello Tumblr and a shout out on Twitter ..and I am bad selfie taker .. and use a bad phone called Lumia 640 a godforsaken Window phone ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube