Tuesday, June 23, 2015

In The Beginning Was The Word




Photo shot by my French Friend Jean Marc Gargantiel at Chimbai..


I stay at Bandra  and this is the ugliest part of a fishing  waterfront called Chimbai that it connects at one end to Salman Khans house and the other end to Joggers  Park hardly matters to my pedestrian tale posturing as a blog.

And as an update Salman Khan has a spacious house on the Chimbai waterfront too mired in controversy...

Many years back  when we were searching for an independent home we were shown a place over 900 sq feet , cheap and within our budget 25 years back actually , but there was a hitch, it was a shed that had been demolished made into a building , and Advocate Saldhana our mentor advised us not to take it art all, and accidentally bought a place in another fishing village Danda...at Danpada ,, tha we had to leave because of the 93 riots we sold this pugree house for peanuts as Hindus Muslims were totally polarized bu this politically generated hate .. and sectarian divide.


I bought Jean Marc my French friend  here as I really did not know where to take him , and from here I took him to Juhu , Mr Ashok Tyagi Oshos office and back to Bandra.

Actually I go blank trying to write a poem on Jean Marcs pictures they  are better as pictures than the poems I will add on a rainy day sitting at home ,,

Words is the only God given wealth I have , simple words , no bombast , no pompous words in the dictionary of my mind, I shoot pictures with my eyes shut , I can poetize pictures with my eyes shut too.

I walk barefeet but in and around Bandra and dangerous places like Chimbai also Behrampada I wear slippers , as you dont know what lurks here in this mound of despair, and I am a diabetic with a diminishing eyesight I close my eyes shooting pictures to be able to shoot darkness when my time arrives.

Jean Marc has in a way shot my despair and the sadness of my life , and positively I think all the shit lying on the beach , could be the state of my mind littered with words..I dont need to search for them , they are wanting to get out of my fragmented skewer like   genius of a brain.. perhaps as pedestrian as the flesh on my feet.


beneath
 my tired feet
lies the pain
of centuries
my past
my present
my future
 lies buried
a hope
in an un
sprouted
seed giving
birth to a
whispering
 weed
reminiscing
why words
dont flow
out when
my head bleeds
a positive spam
my face book feeds
unpoeticwants
 poetic needs
a picture is a
poem a poem
is a picture
 provided
not as a
 photographer
but as a poet you
learn to read than
the imagery captive
in a picture
with your vision
you have freed

to jean marc gargantiel
holistically through
his pictures
my soul he heals


 finally to pompous pedantic photographers their souls embedded in a camera club ..who keep on harping about having a vision to shoot pictures , a tip.. you need vision  to see a picture too...after you have shot it.. ha ha

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube