Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I Shoot Simple People Simple Stories




He has been selling hankies here at the Kurla overbridge for 60 years and we became good friends,, every time I come this end to go to Nehru Nagar he greets me and I inquire about his health and he says Allah keeps him happy and fit ,, Allah Malik Hai ,, Allah is my Master .

He boasts to all the vendors hawkers of our Friendship.. and he feels proud that I am his friend ,these are the simple people I shoot , heroes of my blogs ,,besides you have to be human to be a good photographer , you should be able to feel absorb another mans pain.. photography is about being humble , down to earth .Arrogance has no place in people photography, like him I am thankful to God that I can shoot pictures and add emotions as moving text.

I asked a guy to take this shot and he was over smart he hit the video button too.. sometimes the hanky seller offers me tea , and I take it though I only drink black tea without sugar .

I think I have learnt a lot shooting these simple people I have understood their character , their goodness through their body language .

There are many stories on the street like a tree overladen with fruits ..I prefer to video shoot them let their pain reach you too ,, you and I cant change their life , but our prayers for their welfare , is what this blog is all about ,,

I was planning to buy a simple wheel chair for a crippled beggar and he said ,, dont buy it I sleep on the streets the drugaddicts will steal it from me ,, so I gave him money to send to his family for Ramzan.

One thing I know the beggars have changed my life , through their pain I understand my own pain.. I have flaws , I have apprehensions , but than seeing them I wonder where is their Fate taking them.

Will the beggar with the alms he gets become a rich man overnight , never ,he can become rich if he becomes a criminal or a politician.. rags to riches .Do politicians represent the beggars or the poor never , they represent the rich industrialists businessmen ,, I have met farmer begging with their wives and children at railway stations ,,

This certainly is not Sab Ka Sath Sab Ka Vikas ..and the beggars Acche Din died the day he was Born.

The only man outside the Temple or the Mosque who takes Gods name more than the head priest or the Mullah is the beggar ,, pleading from within Allah Ke Nam Pe De Do.. or the Hindu beggar .. Paticha Pawan Sita Ram..

Yes I Shoot Beggars who are as Indian as I am..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube