Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Sufi Hawker

He is a hawker , earns his bread through the sweat of his brow , he is a very simple man sells his wares sitting besides Hindu hawkers and they all respect him, he is low profile , polite courteous ,,He likes me a lot and will offer me tea and now while I am posting this here I hope to take his video.. find out more about his life ,, he is a Chishtiya follower of Holy Saint  Moinuddin Chisti Kwajah Garib Nawaz ..

I have never asked his name I avoid asking personal questions I shoot pictures I shoot faces , faces that maybe Muslim Hindu but are all faces of India ,, I shoot India I shoot Indianness ..

And many years back when I joined Flickr as a newbie and was posting pictures of Shia Moharam Rituals I got a message  that I had not deleted after so many years  by a shit head called Innocence Now ..A Lucknow man who living in Lucknow does not know that Lucknow is first foremost the citadel of Shiasm.. perhaps he thought I was an Asshole I was born in Lucknow too

His message  28 September 2007
From:


innocencenow
Earthling On earth
Subject:

I request you with folded hands


Dear Sir,
I request you with folded hands please do not post pictures of blood. I am quite sensitive to feelings of Shias and respect them because I liked the nawabs of awadh I am myself a Lucknowite and have many shia friends but perhaps it would be better if you kept photos for viewing by your friends and acquaintances it is very likely that people who know nothing about sacrifice of Shia leaders would not understand the message that you might be trying to convey and form a bad image of Lucknow. I am sure you yourself will not like that.
I hope you will kindly consider my suggestion. I will be indebted to you for the same.


I mean I post pictures that are photo journalism, I dont glorify blood letting , I post pictures on my internet time I pay for my Flickr time and instead of finding fault with my pictures why does he not with folded hands ask his Uttar Pradesh government to improve the Old Muslim areas of Lucknow , living in ghettos , why does he not with folded hands appeal to Sunnis Shia to end sectarian strife ,,and get rid of Mayawatijis statues horrendous elephants and the misrule of the Samajwadii party the Hindu Muslim riots , the death devastation of poor pilgrims by a government that could not take care of the disasters at the Maha Kumbh..
I am sorry I was born in Lucknow but thankfully I am a hardcore Mumbaikar ..I am really happy my parents left Lucknow to start life fresh in Mumbai living in penury in a slum and than pushing their way upwards by honest work dedication..

Come to Mumbai see the plight of Bhaiyyas  Mumbai . I beg you with folded hands ,see their miserable life , and bonded in slavery as menial workers ,,

Shut the Fuck Up Innocence Now



I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube