Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sometimes Death Is Preferable To Old Age





I walked to the Bazar to give 50 copies of Nerjis article in Bandra Buzz the koli ladies wanted copies , the shopkeepers and the Desi Murgiwala I dropped a copy for Rajiv Hans and to people she shoots ..But of course she mostly shoots beggars and for them it would be of no use .. I gave copies to Kalidas Provision stores ..simply because to encourage parents to nurture their kids and let their talent art grow .
While returning home I met this old destitute lady I have shot her and I give her money , the moment she takes the money in her hands she starts invoking a God who has forsaken her to give me peace wealth and happiness .. And I am confounded I tried to talk to her but she is very bad shape her voice inaudible ,,she stays near my house I guess on the streets ..I really have no idea .
She wears the same clothes and takes her a long time to move a step..but mind you she does not beg at all..and when my grandchildren come back from their vacation I will ask them to save their pocket moneys for her ..
And as a photographer who taught my grandkids photography I made sure I taught them to see human degradation human misplaced values through the lens .. this was the holistic positive part of photography.
No sunsets , no chubby kids only humanity ,,I taught them to shoot the transgender , street performers and the common man.
Some friends rebuked chided me for exposing them so early but they were my grandkids I wanted them to see the world through the bioscope of my camera ..
I made them shoot the guest photographers who came to our house made them watch observe ..I know my grandkids will never be photographers I am sure of it , but long after I am dead and gone my grandkids wont be hesitant or look confused taking a picture ..I pushed it deep into their subconsciousness .. without making them ever feel that photography was only meant for making money ,,
This is my gift to Marziya and Nerjis ,,,the shutter and aperture of my old age and existence .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube