Thursday, March 12, 2015

Zanjir Bawa Sufi Monk In Chains



I have not seen him for many years now but I used to respect him a lot , for his passion his dedication to Ahle Bayt and his love for Imam Hussain.

The chains he wore and the iron manacles weight several kilos were in memory of Hazrat Imam Hussains son  survivor of the Battle Of Karbala Zainul Abedeen , who was chained , manacled by the Army of Accursed Yazid and taken captive along with the ladies of the Imams House to Sham or Damascus.

Zanjir Bawa is a Sunni born he used to work as a cleaner at the replicas of the Holy Saints at Hussain Tekri Jaorah he had a vision he told me and he left everything became a Sufi monk and decided to chain himself like the Fourth Imam of the Shias Zainul Abedeen.

I first met Zanir Bawa at Chancawalli and we bonded very well as I had kadas on my feet more as a fashion statement but he realized I was a follower of Ahle Bayt ...and to prove his love for Hussain began scourging his head with pointed daggers attached to chains.


I kept meeting him at the various Urus mostly Haji Malang and he would climb the mountains with all this chains armor on him.. it takes me 3 hours to reach the top so you can imagine his plight , there are no vehicular road to this Mountain Shrine .

I met him at Ajmer and he took a liking to me , and I spent a lot of time with him.. once he called me a few years back during the Urus of Abdul Rehman Shah Baba, and than called me to the house of a Murid where he stayed at Santa Cruz.

However I never saw him again , I asked a lot of people but no clue he was from Indore .MP .

And like him I met many living saints monks , tantrics and ascetics .. unbelievable tales , monks who could stop your camera from taking pictures , monks who ate hot charcoals , and scorpions .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube