Wednesday, February 18, 2015

When A Lady Takes To Drinking




I see her with the drunkards of Bandra Bazar Road .. as our area has a single hooch shop.. opposite the Bandra Bazar Garbage dump, and most of my pictures shot of people lying sprawled at the Bazar are of these drunks ,,

And this lady is only a part of the drinking problem I have shot a mother dead drunk with her 3 month old child lying on the road , Many years back there was another lady ragpicker with two kids  who lived on the Bandra Reclamation garbage bin .. she too would be sprawled ,and slept with the other drunks to keep up her habit  than she disappeared with the kids , the kids were fed by the local residents .

And having been an alcoholic myself I know the pain the fear the guilt and the desperate nature of not getting the morning dose .. and I shot her while on my walk this morning I just shoot pictures there is no germ of a back story it just comes spills over .

There was a cripple drunk at Bandra Bazar Road they robbed his artificial foot , and with a skull cap on his head he would beg dirty disgusting he died unsung.I shot him a lot ,,

Than there is a full fledged Muslim with long beard , looks like a religious guy lives at JJ Colony but a boozard .. I have not seen him for a long time ,,

And on the Mound where the most garbage is thrown , they boozards are openly drinking making ruckus but no action has been taken,, be it Congress or BJP..nothing will ever change ,,school kids watch the boozers , and sadly our local representative stays two minute from this dump,..dump of hardcore dangerous alcoholics .. must I shoot pictures to prove my point ,, but than our representatives will never see all this with heavy blinkers ,, we got rid of the Congress because they did nothing and the Bandra Bazar is the worst place in dirtiness and filth starting and ending with the dump and the drunkards ,, and you cant blame the drunkards they will come to drinking to the only drinking hole at the Bazar .. country booze is what they drink .. and it is easily available.


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube