Wednesday, February 18, 2015

An Ode To Sharukh Khans Ramp.. RIP





The words of this poem kept hitting my head with a bludgeon.. no pun intended and I dont have a picture of the now demolished ramp near Mannat .

I can take a rick take a picture and come back .but I would be unnecessarily wasting 40 bucks or more keeping the rickhsa waiting as I would  take  a single shot  on my mobile phone.

And I am not a Sharukh Khan fan at all though if he has a good memory much before he became a star while he was living at Syed Mirzas house at Devi.. many years back he had come to get his pet dog treated with his driver Kabir at the Municipal  Dog Clinic at Khar SV Road and did not have money he must have left his purse at home I loaned Kabir Rs 250 for the dogs shot ,, and yes Kabir returned it to me when I was working at Badasab .

Many years later I did meet Sharukh at Mehboob I was working with Mr Nitin Manmohan he saw me in my fancy dress and he was shooting for Karan Arjun .. he said my face looked familiar I said no only his dog would recognize me ,, I did not tell him about the Rs 250.. Thankfully .


my poem in humility

When the ramp was being built near Mannat
the Municipality and everyone kept quiet ..
perhaps a few hands might have been greased
but than the Christian activists woke up very late
they were angry mightily displeased ..and went
after his Bollywood posterior like a disease
every Mount Marys fair the pilgrims grumbling
ill at ease .they all thundered King Khan had to
be bought down on his knees ..someone sneezed
when the push the pull the shove became a squeeze
enter our brand new Bandra ambassadress from
Worli defender of our civil rights our hope a letter
to the head of Municipality was unleashed ..
down came the ramp clapping hands of the Christians
a battle was won all pleased ..and than I wonder why no
such action against illegal hawkers at Bandra Hill Road
the slums besides the Muslim slums of Nargis Duut Nagar
illegal shop house extensions dirty filthy Bazar Road ..
why only certain vote banks were appeased ..
as a photographer i shoot the truth dying fishes at the
Bandra Talao , so many other issues of Bandra ..only
Sharukh Khans illegal ramp has gone with the breeze ..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube