Thursday, February 26, 2015

Meet Hanif Mistry Ricksha Cleaner Bandra Reclamation







I left my house for my morning walk at 5.50 am and I reached the end of Bandra Reclamation by 6.12 on my way back I met Hanif Mistry he cleans rickshas near the Bandra Reclamation BUs Depot .I spoke to him , and said I would like to share his story.

He starts work of cleaning the rickshas at 3.30 am he  washes cleans about 10 rickshas , the migrant North Indian ricksha drivers give him Rs 20 per rickshah .. he finshes his work by  am and will head for his job at another place by 9 am.

After talking to him I met the ragpicker  Mohomed Saddam Hussain , he wanted to know if there was any job vacant for him..I nodded my head and reached the MET Gardens at 6.23 I did 11 rounds and walked next door to the Gen Arun Vaidya Park , outside I met some Maharashtrian senior citizens who do yoga in the park about  of them we had a long chat about the deplorable condition of the park and the were ver critical and caustic that they had voted for Ms Poonam Mahajan and had yet to see her visit this park and their area ..I told them from the day Ms Poonam Mahajan won her seat I have been tweeting her ever since , I must have been the first to congratulate her from my area on Twitter and I have been tagging her with the state of the garbage sites and this park.. but she does not answer any tweet nor does her office .

The only one who responds from time to time is Advocate Mr Ashish Shelar .

I took their leave without telling them that perhaps a visit of Ms Poonam Mahajan is long overdue in Bandra Bazar too.and perhaps these too might not materialize if she is inducted in Mr Dev Fadnavis cabinet.


I did my free hand exercise and headed home shooting my garbage pictures of the day..

And all this is part of my Bandra Blogs.

I am not very good at shooting videos but I think I will train myself shooting the various garbage hell holes of Bandra on You Tube.


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube