Monday, December 29, 2014

One Of The Reasons I Am Posting These Pictures Is That You Too Will Shoot The Nasik Kumbh 2015




Photographers are adventurers leading the way , recording documenting a Moment of Truth .

Believe me I went through hell to shoot the Nasik Kumbh..  did not know procedure nor did I know anyone , I went to the office of the Ministry of Information and the guys there totally insensitive , dumb would make me wait for hours , and all I saw it was the foreigners that were treated hospitably  we Indian amateur photographers were nothing but a piece of shit .

And all this before I came on the Internet perhaps it was my Muslim name my overdone colorful Sufi persona that added to my woes ...but I did shoot the Nasik Kumbh and mind you I was new to photography , with no friends no contacts .

However I created a rapport with the Naga Sadhus of Juna Akhara and this helped immensely  though I met them at the lag  end of my TRimbakeshwar trip and thanks to Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj who later became my Naga Guru I shot the Maha Kumbh too..and believe me I have not met him since a very long time ,and unable to contact him on phone,

I shall go and meet him as I have been down with severe viral infection from the time I came down from Lucknow.. and I think it was walking barefeet in winter during Chehlum that pushed me to the brink of my illness ..but if I had money and  time and if I was not unwell I would go back to Lucknow to shoot the last segment of our mourning called Athvi..


Well I am a dreamer and dreams are a vital part of being a beggar poet , the grandkids are in Lucknow and both my camera lying .. in wait for them,


So back to the Kumbh if you do get the opportunity do go and shoot it keeping in mind the important dates of Shahi Snan.. both at Ramkuundh and Trimbakeshwar.. The Naga Sadhus  can be found at Trimbakeshwar at Sadhugran where they stay in the innumerable tents .

Mind you be at Trimbakeshwar a day before the Shhi Snan as all roads are blocked and entry to the tank is closed only those with the Nagas are allowed in.

The Press Stand is simply pathetic..monopolized by the electronic media and the celebrity journos .


If you have any query there is the Information center at the office of the Ministry of Information.

Take care of your cameras belongings as there are a lot of crooks dressed at Sadhus ,,pickpocketeers , conmen.

So see you at Nasik Kumbh 2015 .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube