Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Wheel Chair Beggar Of Bandra



I talk less when I shoot more , I have a bad memory and I just cant remember names ..I have shot this person on the wheel chair but never talked to him till date ,, as photographer I simply dont have the killer instincts and I grapple with words when I write prose ..

I never would ask him why he is begging , what forced him to beg, what was that mighty calamity that threw him out on the streets ..who gave him the wheel chair .

Perhaps all this happens  as I shoot hurriedly , I do have beggar friends I have more beggar friends than I have friends ..

I connect with beggars because they know I care for them ,I give I dont scrounge,, so some of the beggars of Bandra Bazar are like family .. Khwajah Baba the senior most beggar in Bandra , was mighty pleased a few days back when Nerjis walked over to him gave him a tenner he kept on blessing her .

And I hardly take her out , ever since this dengue scare happened in Bandra .

So this beggar on the wheel chair near Anjuman Girls school at JJ Colony Bandra is an enigma .. with his bucket he watches the world pass him by .. and why I shot him I dont know I dont stalk beggars .. yesterday  being Friday there were a lot of burkha ladies begging in my lane I did not have my mobile phone or I would have shot them..


And you can be sure I wont ever publish a Coffee Table Beggars Book.. wouldn't want you to spill your coffee all over your shirt front,,for the same reason I will never publish a Hijra Coffee Table book.. I am the only one who shoots the anomalous soul of the Hijra along with his paper thin flesh.

And I began to write as a photographer I see an image and words flow out ,, seeking an outlet a path to your own soul and search..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube