Friday, July 18, 2014

Street Learning Poor Kids




I posted a comment on a friends post at Facebook  that I am copying here , he has a local paper that is doing exemplary work on Bandra ,,

I was wondering so called Muslim kids , educated , savvy should take out time and tutor poor kids in the pre dominantly poor slums , where mothers go to work at houses of the rich, father drives the ricksha , but alas no one has time for such meritorious concerns , the Muslim politicos the super rich never built a school on the lines of Fr Agnel where every poor student irrespective of his religion could learn some trade , and ironically if they build it it will be a Madrsa only for their community , when will we come of this Mousetrap ,,and the top lines I wrote is in keeping with the spirit of Ramzan ..voices like ours sadly will not be found in your paper too, as you have to survive and you need all the political support patronage , I hope you understand my feelings I am not just a photographer poet stylist but also a product of a convent school what my teachers taught me is bubbling out ,,

And the picture I am posting here is of poor school kids who come to Carter Road and young and old come to tutor them guide them in their studies and homework,, here I bought Nerjis made her sit with these poor kids , and Nerjis loves reading , writing drawing , there is not a single second that she will leave her I Pad , so obviously this cyber learning has bought her forward in her playschool too..

I used to take Marziya my elder grand daughter to the slums where a taxi drivers daughter taught the very poor , in her house ..education is the need of the hours and tutions cost a bomb..

Even my maid , a lady works at 6 or 7 houses , every day morning to night , simply to educate her kids she has 5 of them , and her husband is suffering from cirrhosis , so for the poor , very poor Muslim it is tough and politicos who go out to give free exercise books and get their faces plastered on banners is the lousiest message at
self-aggrandizement - .

And coming back to Muslim kids from the slums going wayward it is because of lack of vocational guidance no counselling , and too much of internet time at cyber cafes .etc etc

So these are my inner thoughts , and hope someone does something for the slum kids ,..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube