Friday, July 18, 2014

Remembering Mr Rajesh Khanna Second Death Anniversary



".When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a wonderful treasure to always hold in your heart miss you forever & always."

Today is Kakaji second death anniversary,, I had met Bala a few days back wanting to know if there was any event by the family in his Memory ,but he was clueless .

And Death sometimes brings you closer to the people you knew who passed away ,, and every death for those who lost their dear departed is untimely ,

Kakaji had great dreams for me , and now I confess he was very unhappy that I had taken up a job , and was no more independent , it hit him hard ,but the money was good and I had to pay off some debts , and I still owe friends a thought that berates and kills me ,

He asked me time and again to leave the job , and was sure my good times would return , I did leave the job after Kakaji passed away..

And I have no regrets as I was like a bird with clipped wings in a gilded cage .

My grand daughters , he did touch them earnestly , that both Marziya and Nerjis have never forgotten him , he had that power to endear , he had that power to love unconditionally ..Sometimes I wonder what if I had not shot those lonely moments of his , and I always took his permission before shooting him..

He was a person living in the past , weaving stories keeping himself entertained , he was sad but he hid it cleverly beneath his smile a consummate actor he could be brilliantly deceptive in letting you touch his inner wounds .

There was so much I saw but I kept it to myself , those were his private moments I was an accidental trespasser , he loved my family , a call from him , meant that I should leave everything and come at once to Ashirwad, and I guess this was the big reason he hated my new job , I could not leave work like before .

There were those crazy moments he would drive down to treat me to ice cream at Natural Icecream chatting away talking about Bandra , he would insist he would drop me at home , but Bandra Bazar Road is horrid congested to say the least ,he would drop me at Elco, and head home.

His greatest happy moment was when he was going to Goa to be reunited with his family , he gave me a huge lot of clothes all brand new to be altered to his size , made new stuff , and he was particular about what he matched , Bala would stand by as I made sets of his favorite attire to be worn as formals or as beachware .including his floppies his keds.

And these are memories I have stored , in a vessel of my mind , he would personally call my wife if he knew I was unwell , and tell her to take great care of me ,,

And after his designer Moez's death , he took me under his wings ,,

He was highly excited about Riyasat , I am sure he never knew it would be his last signature swan song ,, he was very fond of Mr Ashok Tyagi , cheering him up , cracking jokes on the sets on the first day.. and I had come to meet him and take his blessings ,,,

So I wish Mr Ashok Tyagi his team the very best for Riyasat..and Ashokji gave me an opportunity to add a sartorial uniqueness to his look as a Don..flashy but subtle..by Bollywoods Most Wanted Darzi of Bandra.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube