Saturday, June 7, 2014

Shooting The Kumbh Is An Experience Of A Lifetime




When I shot my first Nasik Kumbh a few years back..I was raw naive and stupid in more ways than one .. I shot the Nasik Kumbh both at Ramkund and Trimbakeshwar ..
I shot the Shahi Snan both plces I shot mostly on slide..Vevia 50

I remember it was tough I had no pass no press card , and yet I survived .. I fell in the Godavari with my camera and 80- 200 lenses but I survived that too.

Trimbakeshwar was a blessing in disguise , I met a Naga Sadhu took his pictures got chatting he had seen me many times at Film City as he stayed at Santosh Nagar near Film City .

He invited me to his tent and told me to stay with them and so I met my Naga Guru Shri Vijay Giri Triveni of Panch Dasham Juna Akhada.

I shot the Shahi Snan and on my return to Mumbai kept in touch with him , he visited my house ..
He invited me to the Ardh Kumbh I could not make it because of Moharam.

However when he invited me to Allahabad Maha Kumbh , it was the best thing to happen to me ,, I lived with the Naga Sadhus and my set at Flickr is a tribute to my Guru..

I shot the Shahi Snan rest is history.

I created new relationships to further my love for shooting the Kumbh and these are all part of my Hindu Blogs 56000 at Flickr titled Hope And Hindutva A Message of Hope And Humanity .

So you need faith..and the dip in the Sangam cleansed me too.. holistically healing the poetry of my soul and smoothing my rough edges.

Today my soon to be three year old grand Daughter , Nerjis Asif Shakir shoots the street by herself with the Canon 60D ,, So Faith moves Mountains ,,, and even the God hidden in the Camera.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube