Saturday, June 7, 2014

The World of Naga Babas Maha Kumbh



The Naga Sadhu with the white turban is a highly well connected Naga Guru , he was a friend of my Naga Guru,, so thanks to him I saw the initiation of the new Naga novices joining the fold at Sector4 Juna Akhada on Basant Panchami ..15 Feb 2013.

He was very close to the Sabapati of Panch Dasham Juna Akhada .

He took us by boat on the Sangam where some guys were duplicating the Naga Sadhu holy dip of the Shahi Snan on film.. the sadhus were from the Agni Akhada..

For money you could  shoot what you wanted , there were touts with connection to the Naga Babas .

Sadly to make a quick buck young gus would flash their genitals for foreigners to shoot , they were dressed as sadhus ..

However I shot the real ones I lived with the real ones and thanks to this Naga Guru met some great living saints of the Juna Akhada hierarchy..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube