Friday, June 6, 2014

The Sad Tale Of The Naga Sadhu At Maha Kumbh


I have known him since the Nasik Kumbh , he is a hardcore Naga Sadhu and is a disciple of my Naga Guru, he does the morning Arti , and his prowess I saw  at Nasik pulling a car with his penis - also known as penile yoga .

When I reached  Sector 4 where I was staying with my Naga Guru , I found him troubled , it turned out that he had gone for a dip he had placed his clothing on a  a parked tractor .. he is slightly short of hearing too , when he finished his prayers and came out of the river his clothing his money  and the tractor was not there ., he came back to the Guru and narrated his loss ,,

Most of the Naga Sadhus move about naked at Allahabad , so his coming back stark nude was not surprising.

He wanted to go back to Mumbai as a tragedy had befallen his family member , when I heard about his loss I gave him money for the train ticket , he hugged me and he left before the Shahi Snan .

I had taken this picture as a memory.. there were lot of thieves , pick pocketeers  at the Maha Kumbh .. and it is unavoidable , but what hurt most is they did not spare the poor who slept out in the cold at the banks of the Sangam.

I had a great Kumbh and thanks to my Naga Guru I could move around the various Akhadas , I was also scheduled to meet Swami Nityanandji , but the guy who was to take me for the meeting turned up late and Swamiji had left..


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube